Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Shallows

Finally, I'm getting one of my best chances to say how much I hate Harry Potter, the people who actually think it's good and the woman behind it, because she thinks she's too much. Yes, I guess the idea of a magic school sounded pretty cool at the first place, but unfortunately J.K.Rowling wrote too many books.
I mean, yes, that's pretty cool to sit and read the first book, thinking that maybe you'll be able to leave your reality and find yourself in this magic world she created. No wait, fantasy was created long before Rowling! how shocking! (X.x). If I'll hear ever again, "I like Rowling better than Tolkien", I swear I'll stub this person to death. Not that I like Tolkien that much, I just believe idiots shouldn't exist. If you don't want to reveal your real intelligence quotient, I recommend not saying it in front of intellectuals... they'll just realize you're lying about yourself being 'smart'.
Now about the film, oh dear. I hope no one will kill me after saying it's one of the worse films I've ever seen in my whole life. I mean, beside a few Koreans and Americans junk pieces, I haven't seen such a bad film in a long while.
That goes for any aspect: acting, directing, filming, screen play, original book etc etc.
Like I said before, the idea of the book could be ok, though it was written horribly. I usually never read a book written like some dialog between 13 years old wanna be rebels who tell each other what happened the other day ("she told me... and than we went there... and saw... and than harry said"). However, this time I had to bear it, because sadly it was too famous for me to avoid. I had to read it to the end in order to say, surely, that no line, no idea - nothing - was written good. NO ONE can tell me anymore that I didn't finish this damn book and can't state my opinion.
Anyhow, as a film the last book could be pretty visual, filled with effects and no acting at all, but even that was missing (oh, unlike 'casshern' for example. They just knew what a horrible cast they had and actually faced this fact by creating a 'visual effects' film, not even trying to relay on the actors who just disappeared in the background). So basically, what I'm trying to say is, that the acting (all along the Harry Potter films) was low leveled as ever.
As children, they could still cover up the lack of their talent, but as soon as they grew up the cuteness vanished and anyone, who has any common sense, could tell they are pretty horrible. Well, other actors sell as well, since they're so hot. I guess that doesn't matter at all... acting... and talent, nah, who cares about those nowadays?
What disturbed me the most, was the fact that they do too many actions, or too less. Have you EVER seen a person argue with another, and in order to say a line he has to go across the room to the other side and say what he had on his mind?
And what about people who stand there, watching you, and just wait for you and your friend to tell bad stuff about one another... until they have their line to speak? I recommend watching the film again, with my point in your mind... you'll finally notice their acting is horrible. Face it, people, when you say something, no matter what, you have something you want to 'say' with your 'lines'. Same goes for the characters you play, they have the 'undertext'. What are you trying to say? don't think. Just feel. If you can't, just stop trying to act something... you'll just make a fool out of yourself.
Going back to the scene that so annoyed me in this film, I'm talking about the argue of Ron and Harry. I thought at first, when I saw it before the film, that it's a 'pre-production' scene that had nothing to do with the movie. But I was pretty wrong, actually. Without cutting anything out, they just played the scene as it is... making it look like a scene from some project of a (terrible, with no talent at all) team in the finals of the filming courses. I can actually show you this scene from another movie, 20 minutes long, took before the graduation of a person I knew. Might be funny to compare.
I just don't get how Shallow this movie went with all the fights because of envy... did I miss it in the book? or it wasn't there at all? Not bothered enough to look, I'm not that bored.
The point above just made it look like a really bad filmed teen, something, comedy, with low leveled romance and some dumb jokes (oh yes, Ron being kissed by a lady that thinks he's her husband. Hahaha... not).
Speaking of kisses, haven't harry potter kissed any possible girl in the whole films set? The scene with Harry and Hermione was completely stupid, in my eyes. Was it really everything that Ron saw there? That's just plain dumb... I'd say. Wouldn't be 'The Worse Nightmare' for me (or any other HUMAN).

"We've wondered what is it".
"What is it? well, the sign of the deathly hallows, of course".
"The what?".
"The deathly hallows".
 Like seen above, the script is really 'seriously' thought of, indeed. Doesn't it sound great to speak like this in real life? I'd find such a thing completely dumb and laugh, probably. Once, I've tried to write a '20 minutes' script to a play that lasted 2 hours (original). I wanted to preform it in a festival. In the end, I gave up on it, since I actually can admit (unlike some of us, apparently) it failed. Now find the Similarities.
It sounded actually like the book at some parts (which is not a compliment, since the book was so horrible), and the scenes seemed rushed and unorganized. Everything happened so fast and unrealistic, that made me sad. Not that I like Harry Potter, it just made me sad I'm wasting my time on watching such a junk only to put my ideals in place. No one will be able to tell me now, that this movie -- compared to the others -- was good. It wasn't.
What I did like, and could see it coming though, was the 'visual tale' that was made with animation. That was a good pick from the first place, because animation can show in many cases what other things can't show. I liked the feeling it delivered, and was pretty sad to go back to the film.
The ending was obvious, and everything went pretty obvious in the way the scenes were made, that's why I'm not appreciating the director at all. Even though I didn't expect much from the movie, or more likely I expected it to be too horrible to watch, yet I was dissapointed. Can you imagine how bad it was?
I'm starting to get the feeling that every film from now on, and every book as well will be really horrible. Why you ask? well, I haven't seen too many things from the past two years that were anything worthy to watch. It feels like humans forgot quality. Talented people who will make a breakthrough can't be found anywhere.
For the first time, pretty much, I feel completely lost and sad, as for the future of the sinking cultures that become one with the American industrylike idea. Everything, just one after another, loses it's wonderful concept and meaning.
Who really cares that Harry Potter is so horrible? It earned so much money. Who cares that children will read such a horrible book as Harry Potter? They don't read anything else anyway.
I don't want to think how this world will look in the future with no changes...I don't want to see the world so low. Let's just make a change and stop this madness, and try to make good pieces, and work hard to make everything better.
Because making something 'worth watching' for the humanity, means underestimating it. It means you don't believe those idiots, out there, on the streets, can read and watch good things too.
Just try it people, try making better things... and than the quality of the society, thinking and ideas will grow wider and wider.
I think that will be all for today, I'm happy I said what I had about this movie, about people in general and stated my mind. I guess most of you might say it's only my point of view, and that you enjoy movies with really good looking guys or girls... but take a deep breath and think. Think, if you can.

11 comments:

  1. I like how you expressed certain points that I wouldn't even thought of like "Rowling is better than Tolkien" which is not true. Harry Potter is something that I would watch when I'm very very bored, but I have dramas to fill me in with. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you expect after six movies before? There could only a recapitulation of your opinion about HP flicks ;-)

    My verdict would not be so harsh in the end. But I did'nt had the time to watch HP 7.1 yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professional phrasing and I have to agree with it. The first 2 HP movies were somewhat 'cute' with the kids, but starting from the 3rd, the franchise have become worse and worse. The same applies to the books, though starting from the 4th :D
    When you said "you enjoy movies with really good looking guys or girls", hope you didn't refer to Mr Radcliffe and his companions. They're total antitalents and ugly like hell. So no way, I don't wanna pay for the movie ticket to see them on big screen. Junk.
    Though it's a fact that kids read HP. Yeah, they should dig into something valuable, but hey... if it wasn't HP, kids wouldn't read anything :/ Sad, but this is the truth. And experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lothiriel: haha, NEVER. They are pretty ugly indeed... I actually meant stuff like Matsujun, Ogurijunk and the others.


    ---

    thx for supporting me, people :O I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even bothered myself to check out any of the HP movies or the books. Even now, I don't think I will even touch them in future. So, it's a good thing I haven't experienced any of them and therefore less things to rant about :P

    (oh...I just remembered something though. I did play one of the games on the PS a long time ago but that doesn't count :P)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never liked Harry Potter. Waste of time. >_>

    Now, if the movie's like you say, it should be entertaining in its badness. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter is not something I can say I enjoy reading. When the first book came out I did, though. I think I was about ten and Harry Potter was easy enough to read for a kid who had never read a book before, as was it easy enough to grasp in a state of mind which wants everything to happen at once. I lost more and more interest with each new book and at last I had given up.

    I have two younger siblings which are 8 and 11. The older one, my sister, reads a lot and is calm by nature. If she asked me for a book recommendation I'd hand her Wuthering Heights. My 8 year old brother, though, is not by far a reader and impatient by nature. I'd recommend him Harry Potter any day. While it's not a fine work of art by any means, it's a great way for children to practice reading. Just saying.

    I don't think, at all, that we're in any kind of cultural decline. If anything we're in a cultural high point. Reason being the accessibility of earlier unreachable media. Just look at mdl. I would'nt have watched many of those films if I hadn't had access to modern technology, foremost the internet. I think that earlier intellectual and artistic communities were significantly smaller.

    And to be honest, things weren't better in the old days.

    "Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers."

    - Socrates (469 BC–399 BC)


    Regards,
    Spluffen

    ReplyDelete
  8. @skapism: it is, in fact, a waste of time :P

    ---

    @Spluffen: hmmm, ya, I agree with you... that must be the only way to make children actually read books. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you think that it's a bad thing to... well... not read books?
    I mean, for me it's the best interpretation with the world actually. You are able to somehow go inside the mind of the person who wrote it... pretty creepy, i'd say.
    Harry potter is a plain book, there's nothing interesting about it. It just came in time, and so on.
    MDL is nothing really to do with anything of those though :P since we're awesome... and like against the world and stuff XD. Doing idiotic stuff like writing life long reviews about waste of time :O.
    I'd like to keep commenting, but I feel like i'll fall asleep on my keyboard...

    good night @~@~...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I went to the movies to see HP7 part 1, and I was asking my fiancé all the time ''what's the time? what's the time? when will it end?''

    The all movie was blue toned. Maybe it was to hide the red color of embarrassment on the actors' faces?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @rainbow: LOOLLLLL ya, i've noticed! it was so horrible. There were scenes I couldn't even watch. Lol, I'll never go to the cinema to watch it. Oh, internet! my good friend. You can buy yourself something to eat in the place.
    Oh, and there were SO MANY commercials before this film... I've seen it from just the commercials, and watched the movie to connect them in the right places XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember reading the first book when I was like 9 (I read like three books of hers and then somehow forgot about HP)? And I liked it. It was simple, yet allowed a great deal of escapism - the basic goal of any book meant for CHILDREN. Strange that nobody seems to grasp this. It's like an adult whinging about how the colouring book meant FOR CHILDREN is too simple for them and that it sucks because of that.
    J.K. Rowling seized her chance to make big money (who wouldn't?) and thus the whole thing was made into a big deal, books were written at high speed, the fans became really HP hungry and even wrecked delivery cars that contained the newly printed HP books. Crazy stuff. As far as I remember J.K. Rowling never really planned to drag HP out this long, but hey, pressure from the fans, pressure from the people she had a contract with, money...
    Also, the fact that HP films are worse than dung should be expected. I've never ever seen a film based on a book that would exceed the book. And if the original creation was already poorly written, then it's like hoping for a wonder to happen when expecting the film to be at least half as good as the original.

    ReplyDelete