Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cat's Cradle

Cat's Cradle is a novel by Kurt Vonnegut, who might have been a big man if he wasn't born in Indiana. Anyhow, that's not the point of what I will write now, and probably... there will not be a real point to my words, but nah, we can listen to mostly anything. I was joking up until now actually, so don't mind me at all.
Yesterday, I completed this book actually, and found it quite interesting... and in the same time so pointless. I mean, who would want to read something so silly each day before going to sleep?!
I must say, this was not even humorous, only filled with true words of a true man who said what he had to say. I'm surprised the USA government didn't forbid it, after all maybe they just lost the point.
The novel talks about a writer who does a research about what the Americans did on the day when the bomb fell of Hiroshima. He meets the children of the men who created the bomb, different people on the way and in the end even sees the end of the world. Gah, that's an awesome story actually... yet pretending to be so awesome, it actually shows us how pointless the world is.
I really liked it despite the fact it is half the way to be more pointless than pointless. "Busy, busy, busy" I told myself yesterday when I noticed that there is a male character named 'Lavi' in an anima I wanted to watch for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment