Friday, April 6, 2012

MDL film screening -- Day 1

(The screening room without the viewers, made by linguist)

Oh God, despite the fact the event itself is rather small, it took a lot of effort and time to prepare it. We worked all week long to make it possible for everyone to enjoy the screening, torturing our poor feet to death :P all that aside -- we watched films, made subs and created the whole program for half a year (or more).

But enough with that :P the first day was extremely awesome. First of all, not many people attended it, so we had nice time together while watching stuff, eating and doing all those things normal people do or do not do. The film choice was also very nice, I must confess and the order :P

The day started with a dark humor comedy film, followed by a korean animation and afterwards the very awesome chinese film that left everyone speechless like always. I wonder if "nothing to say" in this review I was reading about the film 'Curse of the Golden Flower' was referring to the fact the reporters simply didn't have anything to say about the film.

Both films were really different and created two different images (completely). I liked that. Anyway, I should stop praising myself :P

There were some things we failed at, things we'll have to think through for tomorrow, as it is going to be a 'bigger' day with more films and more people. Technical problems solving -- here we come!

Unfortunately I can't find my USB cable, so I'm afraid I'll have to upload the pictures later. Took pictures of the ruins that were there before, and how we turned the ruins to be... more sympathetic looking ruins :D

Thanks everyone who helped with the screening, I'll credit you all later xD.

No comments:

Post a Comment