Sunday, January 23, 2011

Double Animation Sandwich.

Ouch. In the past two days I've seen two pretty recent lame animations. I must correct myself -- THEY ARE LAME.

(have you seen 'Planet 51'? isn't it American?)

Hear it out: An American astronaut lands on some planet inhabited by green people without noses and genitals (aka: aliens). The first thing he does? well, he puts the American flag of course. What's happening later...? that's a good question -- some random events probably involving aliens who think (how surprising) that the human being is actually able to control their brains. They even know what 'zombie' means...
Is it supposed to be a children movie? I mean, it is a film for children, but in the end... it gives nothing. It has not a little bit of originality or humor. I couldn't keep watching it since it was so boring. You may say that I'm too old for it, but hell, I'm watching DD without even thinking it's stupid... and I adore Disney movies, so why would I not like a movie, rated for children... about stupid aliens and Americans... and secret bases and a stupid crazy doctor... and a girl.
I must say, the graphics are ok though, I mean, nothing special and nothing too wonderful. I'm happy at least that was good enough about this film, but again... it wasn't my style. I'm totally not into computer animation type... sorries. They just look so lame and blank most of the time. The last computer graphics film I saw was 'Tangled', oh how funny it was :)... nothing like this film, this one is just another junk.
It's just a bubble gum which we already ate... and ate... and ate... we have seen this plot already, the same jokes, the same concept in a better presentation. I find this one as a fail though.


(nah, face it, Arthur is just hotter than you are)

What the hell was wrong with the 'Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard' film? I mean, the first film was a nice half comic fantasy film... and this one was... I don't know... I wont even call it an epic fail. It wasn't epic at all.
I mean, thinking back, it was just a bunch of really bad jokes, really fast made film with hope that they will get enough money from it to make another film.
The first film wasn't too good, but enjoyable enough so I'll get a little interest in the second one, however this part... gah... they just had nothing to put there. The villain from the previous film returns (2 seconds before the film ends) and until than nothing is going on... at all. Everything was just random events with nothing too much in common, just like that. It passed by, and so 90 minutes of my life. The animation was different, and not on the good hand... everything was not on the good hand at all. Looks to me like a cheap excuse to get attention? doesn't matter though. Go watch Tangled kitties. It's so cute <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment