Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nippon Connection Diary


Day 1: (aka: OMG my shoes killed me)

First of all, we woke up around 6am and went on the train (oh God, I was so nervous that it wont come in time). Afterwards, it wasn't a long way (let me correct myself, it was behind the train station) until we got to the con area.
Pretty lovely, yet so far from being done. We went in with all our stuff and eventually found place for everything.
I still like this concept of creating cons and such. Not the financial part, organizing everything etc. I just like the building of everything. I wish to build more (aka: I have too much spare energy haha).
You know what were the two only things ruining my day completely? First thing, my shoes. GOD, they are really nice, look good etc... but to wear them the whole day? is that's a joke? the are 4-3 cm I think... it's hell. I just took them off while helping at the con. Haha, oh how pretty it looked actually, running around without shoes. However, it was long before I realized I actually should put them on again... that's later though.
Second thing annoying me was (I'm not trying to say something bad or anything, just pointing out) the complete chaos going around the con. I still didn't get my card saying who I am because no one else could do that beside someone who seemed too lazy to come yesterday.
We had to ask about 6 times before someone even had the idea of asking him where he is and if he's even coming. The people in the office seemed to be friendly chatting instead of doing something productive (idk, maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed so at least).
All this created some sort of chaotic athmosphere that was very very hard to handle with. I just can't seem to like things unorganized.
What leads me to the next point. You know that hideki didn't really think of writing down how to come from the con to the hotel? that was amusing. After putting posters on doors, cleaning, helping around a bit with painting, more cleaning and killing hords of dried paint from stuff... we eventually ended our shift and went out with all our stuff.
The most awesome question came afterwards: "where the hell is our hotel". When we finally found a city map, we discovered it was such a small street it wasn't on it at all.
Plan B: we'll ask people. How lovely it is, when you ask someone something and 99% of them are not even living there?
First time I saw a city where you can never find anyone LIVING there. I saw houses and I was wondering whether they are hotels or something haha.
Thanks to the power of scary people, we finally found our hotel when a creepy person with gangster face (who was really nice actually, despite his looks) told us where it is.
Haha, there wont be any hidden commercial here, but we were in Meininger Hotel. A very lovely place actually. Really cheap I must say, pretty nicely designed, not far away from everything yet not too close as well. It has a bit of everything... food, snooker, music, Internet (also free one omg), pretty rooms with a very serious complex towards helping nature and it's very quite.
I feel like I'll be happy to stay here for a while, it's very comforting and there is a guy in the reception who can speak a lot of languages (I wonder if he can speak Finnish). I respect his as a person haha.
Let's see, after we came into the hotel I took a bath 20 times I think, because it's free (omg! I'm such a terrible person). My legs weren't dead anymore and after a while we went out again (to kill my legs some more).
I must recommend (I don't remember the name, sorry. I'll look it later), near the hotel there is a great Chinese restaurant where we ate evening. It was gorgeous. They have the most awesome food I ever ate in my whole life (maybe I was just really hungry? Oo). Their fish with bittersweet sauce was the final bow. I'm in love with this thing. Also, they had awesome chopsticks that you can actually eat with again haha.
I died some more on the way home, but this was the end of the first day. I must say I had fun being at the con... that was kind of nostalgic for me, all this making of cons and such. Haven't done it for a while.

p.s omg, I'm happy we came here before everyone else from the mdl meeting, because I don't wanna imagine myself going around with more people and dying. Awkward :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment