Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nippon Connection Diary



Day 2: (aka: haha, my hypothesis was correct)

Well, waking up in the morning and going to the con pretty early was a good idea, but hideki had to go somewhere so we ended up coming at 12. That's awesome though, we did much more than yesterday and weren't as tired... I suppose. Later, when we returned home I went to sleep right away after we ate. This trip really gives me the love for food again -- work, almost no food, food... that's so awesome.
Anyway, around the con nothing happened in the while we were absent. One thing for sure, the people around there started to be worried because a few staff never came to work there (aka: the person who is in charge of the helpfers). Actually, I suppose they were more... but that was mainly the one that annoyed me.
I got to see the staff being really annoyed to the point they wanted to kick someone because this very nice man didn't do his job. Eventually, they understood he's not going to come at all, probably, and put someone else to write a random list of helpers, probably too late to really record anything... but nah.
Now let's see... beside the fact I was right and their organization was pretty fail, they are pretty nice and cuddly people. Doesn't help them much for my impression, but nah, they are lovely.
We helped with a few stuff, the one I remember best were the huge trees we had to bring from the entering hall to the first floor, gah... I could kill the person who told me to do it.......... really.
Anyhow, hideki and I noticed helpers do not really get 'food' or anything, they get leftovers from the staff room (which has EVERYTHING) and some random low quality instant noodles. I'm not complaining, I gladly eat SOMETHING, but I thought that when they write "we are responsible for bringing warm food and drinks to the helper", you get the wrong impression. Well, I guess if they wrote "we are giving you junk food and instant noodles" no one would help them haha.
It also took too long until we got our ID CARDS. I'm sorry, we still don't have them -- they promised to give them today, hopefully they will.
Anyhow, we met rather interesting people at the con. Really lovely ones. What most important is, that I found my favorite room -- the gaming room.
I know, I know... I hate it in a way, but it has this awesome feeling to it... idk...
Another hard day at the con is waiting: Taking yummy and rainbow. Come on gals, let's kill hideki haha.

p.s there are too many Commerzbank in Frankfurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment