Friday, April 29, 2011

Nippon Connection Diary



Day 5: (aka: Independent animation)

I was supposed to watch only anima, but ended up in one of the most boring films ever, but that's later.
First of all, I woke up in the morning (very original thing to do, if you ask me) and after doing nothing much I went to the con with hideki, linguist, yummy and myself (rainbow and lothiriel went to the shopping center).
Than our plan was to drop by CALF and Karigurashi no Arietti. Eventually in between we watched permanent nobara. It was one of the most boring stuff I have ever watched, really. CALF special wasn't too amazing at all for me. I mean, it was very original and nice... but I can't watch such a heavy material for so long. Also the blinking screen killed my eyes. I can't stand so many colors and eventually had to go out just before the end because I couldn't stand it anymore (I'm sorry :<).
We went to hear the animation talk with the CALF people (who were very nice btw). They are very personal people, I must say. I wrote everything down and will probably include that in the mdl journal and clips we are about to publish.
We ate a lot of stuff, and I'll have to buy presents as soon as possible. I already have 2 dvds for myself :P.
You know what made me sick during the con? the fact that even though they claim it's an international film festival, they sell dvds with German dub. Tell me, who the hell... from wherever... will understand German? Is it so hard to understand that they should sell dvds with english subs and jap voice? stupid stupid. I mean, there were some, but let's say... each 1 of 10 was in English (and there was a really small amount of them).
I wanted to buy dvds of the films I saw at the festival :<... too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment